AVB problems with latest version 1.2.9+1280

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
mandobilly64
Primary DAW OS: Windows

AVB problems with latest version 1.2.9+1280

Post by mandobilly64 »

Hey all,
Is anyone else having these problems. My AVB connection keeps getting lost. Here's what I have, one 1248 in control room hooked to computer and ethernet connecting to other room with AVB switch which connects to another 1248. Every once in a while the one connected to my computer just loses sync with the avb and will show AVB (disabled) on the front panel. Sometimes simply unplugging the ethernet cord and plugging it back in will fix, sometimes I have to restart everything and unplug and replug the ethernet. It may stay stable for hours, like all day and then suddenly gone. Seems the latest drivers or AVB firmware may have a problem but just not sure.

Anyway, any one else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Billy
EMRR
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AVB problems with latest version 1.2.9+1280

Post by EMRR »

I'm still on 1.2.8 and Pro Audio Installer 2.0 (71418), which hosed my Alphatrack functionality. Despite the statement that you can roll back, going back to 1.2.5/1.0.9 didn't work, and the Alphatrack does still work fine on another computer I didn't update from 1.2.5 and installer 1.0.9.

Before that update, I never lost AVB connection, once I got it in the first place. Initial connection has been better and worse with different versions; I've had the AVB stuff since it came out. Since 1.2.8, I've had a couple times connections has been lost during a session, doubt it's more than 3-4. I do see a lot of people complaining about this in the GS thread.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
mandobilly64
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: AVB problems with latest version 1.2.9+1280

Post by mandobilly64 »

In case anyone reads this and may have a similar problem. I think I may have found the actually problem and believe it may have been due to my ethernet cord where it plug into the wall having been bent slightly by something. I've left both interfaces on for quite a while to see if they lose contact and so far they are staying in sync.

Billy