Windows 10 and Driver Error #15

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
mangocolor
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Windows 10 and Driver Error #15

Post by mangocolor »

Hello everyone,
I looked for a similar topic, whit no results, so I'm writing a new one.
I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 64bit and I need to connect a 828mk3 FireWire via thunderbolt adapter (there's a built-in thunderbolt in the laptop).
I downloaded the MOTU Universal Audio Installer for Windows (4.0.4.8697)
( found here http://motu.com/download/download_match ... tform_id=7 ) and followed the instructions of the file "Motu Drivers for Windows README", so I installed the driver, shut down the PC and turn on again in order to connect the thunderbolt and turn on the interface.
The notification message "Installing device driver software" and "Your devices are ready to use" did not appear. Neverthless I can use the MOTU Audio Setup to control the interface anyway (clock changes if I change it from the software, I can see the model and set inputs and outputs etc.).
Audio communication doesn't work, neither in Ableton whit Asio Driver nor as audio driver for Windows.
I can configure the driver, but with no signal communication, and cpu response slows down considerably(for ex. touchpad has a slow response).
The first time I turned on Windows after I installed the drivers it gave me an error (driver error #15), so I tried to turn on the computer with the Interface already on and linked to the thunderbolt. This gave me the #15 error again.
Is it a driver problem? Is Motu driver suitable for Windows 10? I just find informations about window 7 or Vista...
Thank you,
Federico