MTP-AV USB - W7 Clockworks Crashes

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
PCD
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MTP-AV USB - W7 Clockworks Crashes

Post by PCD »

Dear All,

I've just purchased a 2nd-Hand MOTU MTP-AV USB and I can't get Clockworks to work with it, whether it is with a Windows XP SP2 32-Bits Desktop, or a Windows XP SP3 32-Bits Laptop or, yet, a Windows 7 Home-Edition SP1 64-Bits Laptop.

With the XP PC's, Windows just fails to detect the MTP-AV.

With the W7 HE-SP1 64Bits Laptop, still, I ALWAYS fail to have a successful MTP-AV installation, for it always fails to install the ?? "MIDI USB Driver" . . . .
But still, nevertheless, with the W7 Laptop, Clockworks opens, detects the MTP-AV but, shows up a blank Routing Tab and, one is unable to transmit any modifications with Clockworks to the MTP-AV, until, eventually, Clockworks crashes . . . always.

The Clockworks' software is the one downloaded at MOTU's site : "USB MIDI Installer for Windows" version 4.0.48697 File Name: MIDI_Installer-Win-110806.zip Type: driver Date: 2011/08/09
http://www.motu.com/download/download_m ... duct_id=16

Opening up my MTP-AV, here's the information I could collect from the PCB : Rev.1 ©
1999 , AVUSB 1.31 4B83 , MTPAV USB 2.0.1 0956-55 © 2000 7865 3330 3421 PCB Date : AUG.25.2000 (I can send some pictures of it). The LCD powers-up with a "MTP-AV 2.0.1" message.

Anyone out there that could help me on this, please ?

Many Thanks, in adavance !!!
pedro