Intermittent problems with Audio Express

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
arduous573
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Intermittent problems with Audio Express

Post by arduous573 »

I get audio to the Express but no signal to CueMix, Audacity or Cubase. I've set the drivers for the Express and my sample rate to 44100. At times the Motu Audio Console would not open and CueMix would seemingly randomly control the Express. I've changed out my USB cable, unistalled and reinstalled the drivers. Any ideas?
John Judd

Re: Intermittent problems with Audio Express

Post by John Judd »

I recently went through something similar after I built a new system. W10.

Not sure this is something you want to do, but here's what I did: I disabled my onboard motherboard audio in the BIOS. After doing that, in Windows I set the Audio Express as the primary sound device.

(that fixed my issue, which sounded similar as the Motu Console refused to open up and was stuck at 48Hz. No sound)

I'm pretty sure there are some other Windows settings I changed as regards audio, but I can't remember exactly what I changed.
DP 9.5, Windows 10 64bit, i7 7700k @ 4.5 ghz, Asus Maximus Hero IX MOBO, 32Gb Ram, GeForce 750ti Strix edition, Samsung M.2, Be Quiet Case + PSU + CPU Cooler + Fans, a bunch of WD drives.
John Judd

Post by John Judd »

And of course proceed with caution. I am not a computer doctor nor have I played one on TV.
DP 9.5, Windows 10 64bit, i7 7700k @ 4.5 ghz, Asus Maximus Hero IX MOBO, 32Gb Ram, GeForce 750ti Strix edition, Samsung M.2, Be Quiet Case + PSU + CPU Cooler + Fans, a bunch of WD drives.
arduous573

Post by arduous573 »

Not sure my skills are up to that fix.

I'm starting to think the unit is defective. It worked fine all day yesterday and now this morning it's up to it's old tricks. CueFX see's it and so does Cubase but no audio will go through it. And CueFX won't control it.

I know it sees it cause it won't launch if it doesn't.

Do you know if there is a tech support phone number?
arduous573

Post by arduous573 »

Found the number and possibly a faulty USB cable. Hope this does it.