It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Text Size

Motu 8a Windows 10 issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows

Motu 8a Windows 10 issues

Postby rean1mator » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi All,
anyone on here have a stable configuration under Windows 10 and a Motu 8A?

I"m having the hardest time getting my system stable both on my Desktop PC(i7, 3.6GHZ) and my fairly new Microsoft Surfacebook pro using USB 3.0.

Had a ticket open with Motu on teh desktop issue and they just ended up blaming the usb 3.0 port on the desktop. ended up buying a usb pci card and it's mostly working but i'm getting a lot of crashes lately. I also have a motu 16a which i'm connecting to the 8a via avb and my 8a connected to usb 3.0 port. I bought the 8a to hopefully take advantage of the usb 3.0 speeds. But the 8a just seems super buggy right now.

had a rock solid set up on my 16a. is it time to give up on the 8a? thinking about selling it and going and getting another 16a to daisy chain to instead.

I've wasted far too long trying to get it stable. any suggestions or tips?
rean1mator

Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu 8a Windows 10 issues

Postby rean1mator » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Well, it looks like this new driver and firmware just released has fixed my issues with crashing. downloaded both and installed this morning and have been running all day since install with out a single hitch. based on the lack of response to my question, am i the only person, having issues with windows 10 and/or usb 3.0? just curious.
rean1mator

Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu 8a Windows 10 issues

Postby retango » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi! Same here, can't make it work on Win10 and USB 3.0.. Firmware 1.3.1.81, with an Asus Maximus IX (Z270 Chipset). Tried with both USB 3.0 (Intel) and 3.1 (ASMedia), with no luck..only workin on USB 2.0..
Could you fix your issue, is it working for you now?
Thanks a lot!
retango

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Return to MOTU Hardware & Windows