creating custom MIDI instrument names in track input and out

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

creating custom MIDI instrument names in track input and out

Post by HARDDRlVER »

Hello...ugh, again,

I'm curious to know if you can name the input and output MIDI contoller names? Perhaps my focus is on the wrong area, but..I have a motu MIDI express XT USB which has 8 in and out MIDI ports. So with 16 MIDI channels each, that give a total of 128 MIDI channels.
I've looked in the MIDI preferences and it seems you can name them, but the list is very short, and nothing has my device name on it.
so I would like to rename each of the 8 MIDI ports to names I want to choose, but I'm at a loss, as usual
Any Wiseman out there today?
cleamon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: creating custom MIDI instrument names in track input and

Post by cleamon »

I've no experience with this, but I think you can do that under Bundles/MIDI Devices.
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
frankf

Post by frankf »

You certainly can as cleamon says

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I've been able to rename some things in Bundles, but have had trouble making the changes persist.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

stubbsonic wrote:I've been able to rename some things in Bundles, but have had trouble making the changes persist.
They need to be saved per-project (and templates). If you don't use a template or a starter project, then bundles won't do too much for you.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Ah. Thanks, that clears it up.

Next time I open my "New" empty and any templates, I'll rename & save. I mostly just want shorter i/o names so my track window is a little less bloated.

Thanks, RR
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com