Possible to MOTU Out 1-24?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
NationChrime
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by NationChrime »

Hello everyone

I've got a MOTU 624.
I see Out 1-2 as a playback device and also Out 1-24.
Is it somehow possible to split the Out 1-24 into several stereo playback devices? :?:
Like Out 3-4, 5-6 and so on.
Changing the routing does not change the device list in Windows.

Regards, Chris
travisvhagan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Possible to MOTU Out 1-24?

Post by travisvhagan »

NationChrime wrote:Hello everyone

I've got a MOTU 624.
I see Out 1-2 as a playback device and also Out 1-24.
Is it somehow possible to split the Out 1-24 into several stereo playback devices? :?:
Changing the routing does not change the device list in Windows.

Regards, Chris
NationChrime,

We offer these two WDM drivers for use with different types of applications. Some multichannel applications use WDM and require that the MOTU Pro Audio 1-24 be used in order to route audio from the multiple channels to the separate outputs. If the application supports it, you can set up the outputs to be used individually. If your application only uses one stereo output (Windows Media Player, iTunes, web browsers etc...) you must use the MOTU Pro Audio 1-2 driver. If you are using the 1-2 driver, you can route this same material to all outputs by routing the first two "From Computer" channels to all outputs on the device.
Best,

Travis Hagan - MOTU Tech Support
TimRideout

Post by TimRideout »

HI Travis,

Thanks for that reply - could you speak to a usage scenario in 2020 with a 1248 interface wanting to do ZOOM conferencing with ASIO audio? I am trying to configure ZOOM, using the 1248 internal mixer to route my DAW playback and a microphone, whilst being able to hear the client and not having an echo in anyone's headphones. Do you have a recommendation or routing setup for me on this? Thanks!
TimRideout

Post by TimRideout »

Funny how still nobody - NOBODY - can figure out how to properly configure a MOTU 24 channel to properly interface with Zoom... #PleaseProveMeWrong
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

TimRideout wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:12 pm Funny how still nobody - NOBODY - can figure out how to properly configure a MOTU 24 channel to properly interface with Zoom... #PleaseProveMeWrong
Your frustration is palpable. Sorry. I guess we're all just a bunch of idiots here? Maybe nobody that has read this so far has actually done this? Google is your friend. Search some more sites... I dunno? Maybe someone at MOTU knows and can help as this site is made up of users and if anybody does offer help, they do it unselfishly from their own time out of a desire to be helpful. Nothing in it for them. Just saying.

That said, I remember seeing a post online once that seemed like it might be useful in the future. The person who made it made a PDF that attempts to help people configure a DAW with Zoom. It's from 2020 and maybe there's a newer version. There's a URL on the PDF so maybe you can find out more. I took the time to ZIP it and upload to the files area here, just for you, as you seemed to be annoyed.

This is the best I can do:
https://motunation.com/files/Zoom.us_Ho ... 2).pdf.zip

Good luck.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

TimRideout wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:12 pm Funny how still nobody - NOBODY - can figure out how to properly configure a MOTU 24 channel to properly interface with Zoom... #PleaseProveMeWrong
That's a Zoom issue and it's different for Mac vs Windows. It's made worse by the fact that this has changed many times over the last four years from when Zoom supported Loopback only on Windows (wasn't an issue with the Mac). Those channels must show up in a way that Zoom can access them. Start here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article? ... 20changes.

Zoom has many other support docs that discuss this as well, available to all users. If you have a paid account, you can get phone and chat support as well.

It would surprise me if any of the video links I posted in 2020 are still valid but there may be some useful information somewhere.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

I just noticed this thread, and it looks very similar to when I bought my 16A card, and realized that input/output pairs 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 etc were missing. Only intputs and outputs "1-2" and the odd "1-24" were available. Maybe this does the trick?