what is going on with AVB and Win 10?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Indiescore
Primary DAW OS: Windows

what is going on with AVB and Win 10?

Post by Indiescore »

nothing but trouble, loosing connection to device often then audio cuts out. motu support could not offer anything beyond basic assistance asking what browser i have and do i have the latest firm ware.......is anyone using Win 10 with a 24 ai. and an AVB light ?

Andrew blew me off, maybe he left motu, i will try again.
Cassiopea47

Re: what is going on with AVB and Win 10?

Post by Cassiopea47 »

It's a driver signature problem.
With the latest updates of Windows10 you need to restart everytime your computer and disabling Driver Signature Control to make the MOTU AVB work.

Anyway I have this problem only with MOTU. Other audio interfaces doesn't have this kind of issue.

I've also written to the support but they wasn't able to give me a proper working solution instead of asking if my system is up to date and make me install strange digital Certifications that obviously cannot work.

I hope in 2019 we will have working drivers for 700 bucks gear.
steveo42

Post by steveo42 »

Same here. Highly intermittent clicks when playing VSTi. I'm an experienced user and system is optimized for audio. I swapped in an ancient MAudio PCI card and no clicks or pops at all. Reaper, Sonar, Samplitude and Studio One all exhibit the same problem. Samplitude shows "Lost ASIO Buffer" when it fails so I'm confident that is the cause.
I've tried everything with no luck so I'm confident it's the MOTU driver.

Is there a new MOTU driver on the way because I'm about to sell this thing?
Last update was November 1, 2016 so I'm suspecting they are due for a new release soon. Anyone know if a Beta driver is in the works?
Cassiopea47

Post by Cassiopea47 »

I'm definitely gonna sell it, it is not a professional product and I can't waste my time this way. Working with MOTU is definitely frustrating, I'll never do this mistake again in the future.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Go to Gearslutz... there is a lengthy thread in which many AVB owners discuss a variety of issues. You may find some help there. Here's the link:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... rface.html

The general tenor over there is that MOTU has been very responsive to inquiries.
steveo42

Post by steveo42 »

Thank you HCMarkus.
steveo42

Post by steveo42 »

Just to update, the new MOTU driver fixed my problems. It was released today 3/1 but I've had it for a couple of days after opening a ticket with MOTU and it's been working great. No more intermittent clicks and pops. It also fixed a weird problem where the Sample Rate could not be changed when using the DAW Presonus Studio One v3.