zeroconf

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
atomheart
Primary DAW OS: Windows

zeroconf

Post by atomheart »

otu refuses to even acknowledge this problem. They ignore me in support.I can show you a list of 448 errors refering to "Motu zeroconf service" that date back to last October. But just now I was working on a mix in Ableton Live 8 and had a total freeze. No mouse, no keyboard. Control/alt/delete did nothing. I let it sit for about 10 minutes in the hope that it would resolve but finally did a forced shut down via the power button on the computer. Not good. By the way, this doesn't happen when I'm working with my MacBook Pro in Logic Pro X. I run both the windows and the MacBook into the 828x via thunderbolt.And yes, it did happen when I tried using the usb hook up. The second error on that list was last night when there was no crash. And I had been working for several hours. I think the time stamp on that one is when I shut down for dinner. Please help me out here. This is screwing up my computer. Does that zeroconf service have to run? Is there a way to stop it? Thanks. Motu support?
Total waste of time.
terrybritton

Re: zeroconf

Post by terrybritton »

If you don't use OSC services (like the tablet remote for CueMix), you don't need this service.

"MOTU_ZeroConf Description: Enables hardware devices and software services to automatically configure themselves on the network and advertise their presence."

Go to your Windows services via Computer Management/Services and Applications/Services, double-click on "MOTU_ZeroConf" and change the 'Startup Type' drop-down to "Disabled" and hit "Apply". It will never trouble you again.

Terry

"Correlation does not imply causation."
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
atomheart

Re: zeroconf

Post by atomheart »

"MOTU_ZeroConf Description: Enables hardware devices and software services to automatically configure themselves on the network and advertise their presence."
This is my concern. I use NAS server for a lot of project files and plugins. But I did as you suggested and it did load a project from the network server just fine. So far so good. So the motu zeroconf service is only about enabling OSC service interaction between controllers of various sorts and Cuemix? And Digital Performer I suppose, though I do not use that. Currently using Ableton Live 8 and Logic Pro X. The only problem I had though was with Ableton, and only on my Windows 10 PC. Weird and distracting to say the least. But thanks for your help.