UltraLite-mk4 not recognized in Discovery App

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
tomerzonens
Primary DAW OS: Windows

UltraLite-mk4 not recognized in Discovery App

Post by tomerzonens »

Hi everyone,

I have an Ultralite-mk4 connected to a brand new PC running Win 10 64 bit.
The MOTU ProAudio driver failed to load until I disabled Secure Boot in the UEFI BIOS. Once I did that, the interface is functioning - Sound is coming in/out, and I can control it in the web app (browser).
However - the discovery app still does not show the device. This will mean for example that it'll not be possible to update the FW.
I have tried disabling the Firewall and AV, no change.
MOTU tech support said they are looking into it but they seem to believ the issue is related to some security settings on my OS (which is a pretty straithforward Win10 installtion...).

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Tomer
werkhouse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UltraLite-mk4 not recognized in Discovery App

Post by werkhouse »

I'm having the same problem with my MK4 on a Mac using High Sierra. Again it's been put down to a security setting that Apple have introduced and I'm not getting anywhere with the Motu support guys (although helpful). I really really need to get the soundcard working and I can't without updating the firmware.

Help!
travisvhagan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UltraLite-mk4 not recognized in Discovery App

Post by travisvhagan »

werkhouse wrote:I'm having the same problem with my MK4 on a Mac using High Sierra. Again it's been put down to a security setting that Apple have introduced and I'm not getting anywhere with the Motu support guys (although helpful). I really really need to get the soundcard working and I can't without updating the firmware.

Help!
Werkhouse,

This is most likely due to Apple's new security preference which blocks third party extensions in MacOS 10.13. To fix this, navigate to Security and Privacy and click "Allow" next to the MOTU Extension in the General tab.