Do MOTU AVB interfaces work well on Windows 7?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
molotok
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Do MOTU AVB interfaces work well on Windows 7?

Post by molotok »

Hi. I am having some serious issues with a newly bought Motu 16a interface on Windows 7 x64. That's why I would like to hear about other people's experiences with AVB interfaces such as 16a, 1248, 24ai etc. on this OS.

For me, the new drivers (v4) don't work at all. In Cubase 7.5 32bit I get no audio, in Cubase 64bit performance is awful and Pro Tools 12.5 is even worse.

The only way for me to work with the 16a is to use the older driver (v1.6). That driver works really well with Cubase. Performance in Pro Tools is ok but could be better. I can play back less tracks than in Cubase and with lots of tracks I get the occasional error message and crash.

My computer is based on an Intel i7 4970K 4 GHz. It's a pretty stable system, so I would be surprised if I was the only one having problems with the current Motu drivers.

Please, if you respond, mention the driver version and the DAW you are using. Thanks.