Ultralite Mk.3 and CueMix HUGE problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Selador
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite Mk.3 and CueMix HUGE problem

Post by Selador »

I began recording today, and suddenly everything about the interface and CueMix began acting up.

The front panel shows that audio is incoming, but my DAW hears nothing, and CueMix shows nothing. And more to that, CueMix is severely glitching in that every time I launch it, it resets all faders to zero, and if I move them back up, I can hear the audio, but the program nor my computer hears anything. And when I select the little arrow under the visualizer to choose "show FET, show spectrogram" and so on, it blinks incredibly fast.

I've tried a factory reset of the uit, reinstalled all the drivers, and nothing is working. I tried disabling USB 3, and most everything I can think of.. But to no avail.

Can anyone help, please?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ultralite Mk.3 and CueMix HUGE problem

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If I knew more about OCs I might have more to say, but reading your post left me with only one question: Did you reinstall the CueMix software? Is there a "properties" file or something like that you can delete for the CueMix and possible the MK3?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Ultralite Mk.3 and CueMix HUGE problem

Post by terrybritton »

Go to C:\Users\<youraccount>\AppData\Local\MOTU and to C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Local\MOTU\CueMix FX

Move these three files out of those folders (if they exist in both) to different ones (folders on your desktop, for instance) to see if they are corrupted and are thus the cause:

CueMixConfigurations.xml

CueMixConfigurations-backup.xml (remove just in case)

Preferences.xml

CueMix should create a new copy of these when you next start the program. (I don't think you need to restart your computer, but that is worth a try also.)

These are editable text files, so you may be able to see where the problem was if this is indeed the source.

If the problem is fixed by moving the files, try moving each file you saved one-by-one to isolate which might have caused the problem.

You may need to perform factory resets between each of these operations of re-starting CueMix as CueMix writes new settings to the hardware upon startup.

I'd love to hear what you discover! CueMix can be a bear sometimes.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools