MOTU 16A Low recording levels

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
PeterH
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU 16A Low recording levels

Post by PeterH »

I'm experiencing very low recording levels into my DAW (Sonar Platinum).

For example I have connected my Line 6 Helix into the Audio Interface and using zero latency monitoring. I find that I have the Helix cranked flat out and even then the level isn't very high.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting to "lift" the input levels? I tried upping the trim settings but there's no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Peter.
rean1mator
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MOTU 16A Low recording levels

Post by rean1mator »

curious as to whether you figured out what the problem was. I"m having the same issue. I can get a proper level to my monitors with some addition of compression setting on the avb mixer but when I record to ableton the recorded level is very low.
some gear is worst than others. my dx200 and an200 are extremely low. elektron gear not as bad but still low. I have post process and normalize all my recordings. I saw another post on here during my google search with the same issue.

Anyone?????
Bluenote
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU 16A Low recording levels

Post by Bluenote »

Moin,

Open motu 16a control software. There you find input settings and the trim setting for the inputs. All Inputs are a bit trimmed.

Grüße