No sound from Ultralite

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
cerin
Primary DAW OS: Windows

No sound from Ultralite

Post by cerin »

Hello all

I have a problem with my Ultralite device - the old one before mk3. I have installed the drivers, and i have chosen the device as output device, but no sound is playing. There are random clicks and pop coming from the device when i am doing nothing on the computer - just showing the windows desktop. I tried different PCIe ports with my firewire card, but that is not it.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: No sound from Ultralite

Post by mikehalloran »

Similar problems have been reported. There are a number of solutions, too.

Best to post the essentials about your hardware, installed software and system. If you look at many of us, we post that in our signatures—it narrows the guesswork involved in trying to figure out what's what.

Also, you will see many threads in this section that describe similar problems and solutions. Perhaps one will apply to you and work. If that happens, please update this thread so that it helps others.

Lastly, if you have not registered your device with MOTU and posted a Tech Link in Support, it's a good idea to do so. Again, if they give you a solution that works, let us know.

My first reaction is to ask, does your PCIe FW card has a TI chip? On some systems, this is important but I don't know if that applies to you.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cerin
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: No sound from Ultralite

Post by cerin »

Thanks for your reply.

I bought a TI-chipset firewire card, and the seller told me it was often used in music production context. I went though all my PCIe slots and there is one slot where sound is playing, when i set the volume very low - but only for a couple of seconds, then is gets very distorted and the leds on the ultralite device goes crazy.

I am suspecting its something with the firewire, because I had the ultralite working in my old computer. I noticed, as you say, that many people have problems with firewire interface.

I will ask the Motu tech support. Thanks again.