Windows doesn't see 1248 streams

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
larrytheo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Windows doesn't see 1248 streams

Post by larrytheo »

I am attempting for the first time to use my AVB interfaces with my Win7 laptop via USB. I just upgraded the firmware in the interfaces and downloaded and installed the latest AVB USB drivers on the laptop.

The web app is seeing and controlling the interfaces fine, but all of the streams going to and coming from the computer in the Routing page are italicized, and no audio is passing in either direction.

The AVB interfaces are selected as the Win Audio interface path in the Sound control panel, but I can't find anywhere in Windows that deals with the streams.

This is almost certainly a dumb newbie trick, some arcane Micrsoft setting or a meat-headed oversight on my part so please help me out!

Thanks much.
Larry the O
Late 2013 MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, OS 12.6.6, DP 11.2, UAD-2 Satellite, MachFive3 3.2.1
1248, 16A, 8M audio interfaces, MTP-AV MIDI interfaces
larrytheo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Windows doesn't see 1248 streams

Post by larrytheo »

Never mind. It was some cranky Windows USB thing. Windows had to go out and get some driver to talk to the MOTU driver. I dunno. In any event, once I let it go do that, then the stream showed up, so all is well.

The lesson, once again, is that we have no alternative but to let Windows do what Windows wants to do, whether we understand or not, and comfort ourselves with prayer or crossing our fingers or something.

Thanks anyway, all!
Larry the O
Late 2013 MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, OS 12.6.6, DP 11.2, UAD-2 Satellite, MachFive3 3.2.1
1248, 16A, 8M audio interfaces, MTP-AV MIDI interfaces