Motu MIDI express XT USB

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
pb21
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu MIDI express XT USB

Post by pb21 »

ok ive taken time to read the manual having installed the XT to start something simple ive opened clockworks changed around some presets to manke sure the Motu switches presets, which it does so I know the windows driver installed ok and that the device is seen by clockworks.

I have a TR8 with its in and out MIDI din connected to the corresponding ins and outs of port 2.

I have a sub 37 connected to port 1.

I can drag and drop connections on a user preset and i can delete them so no problem with that.

The tr8 is on MIDI channel 10 and the moog channel 6 with din selected for in and out.

I dragged in 2 to out 1.

when i push play on the tr8 the sub 37 wont start playing thats set to sync and arp on and latch on and i pressed a chord. so the sub 37 is primed.

I guess I am missing a connection but not sure what.

I have no DAW open. it was an exercise to setup a configuration and use that outside of a DAW in my case ableton.

would appreciate some assistance.
pb21
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu MIDI express XT USB

Post by pb21 »

I worked it out finally! had inadvertently got the MIDI cables wrong way around fortunately no damage done