Trouble setting up micro lite on Windows 10

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
drreid1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Trouble setting up micro lite on Windows 10

Post by drreid1 »

I'm a newbie to MOTU, but have been using MIDI synths for a long time. Just bought a micro lite and can't get the thing to work to save my life. It's no help that the user's manual is written for higher-end MOTU devices and doesn't directly address the micro lite. Here goes:

Got the latest drivers from motu.com (there is only one download available for MOTU MIDI devices), installed the drivers and they seem to be working (the software recognizes the hardware). The first issue I see is that I only see two tabs, Video and Sync, in the Timepiece UI, not the five tabs (Routings, Presets, ...) shown in the user's manual and in other users' posts. Is that normal?

I tried for a day to get it to work with ProTools 12 and a FastTrack Pro before giving up and trying to simplify and use the empirical method...

I tried a bare bones setup with a Fatar Studio 90 88-key weighted MIDI controller in MIDI IN #1 and a Yamaha Synth's MIDI IN connected to MIDI OUT #1. I configured and applied one device in Timepiece, DTP 1, using "micro lite: Port 1" for MIDI Input and MIDI Output. The indicator lights on the front of the micro lite flash when receiving input from the Fatar, but nothing ever flashes for output.

It's especially frustrating because MOTU obviously makes good stuff, but the user's manual and online help really s*ck! Anybody got any ideas I can try?
terrybritton

Re: Trouble setting up micro lite on Windows 10

Post by terrybritton »

I cannot tell you for certain, but it definitely sounds like you have opened the wrong item of two software applications likely included in that download. That sounds like the SMPTE control panel you have open.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
juanguiacosta

Re: Trouble setting up micro lite on Windows 10

Post by juanguiacosta »

Hi!

I have the same exact problem right know, could you finally solve it? If so, could you help me, please. Thanks!