Ultralite mk3 Hybrid Feature Requst for Product Improvement

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
GrizzlyAK
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite mk3 Hybrid Feature Requst for Product Improvement

Post by GrizzlyAK »

I'd like to recommend the following enhancements to the Ultralite mk3 Hybrid and CueMix FX SW:

Ultralite mk3 Hybrid & CueMix FX SW:

(1) Allow the user to treat the 8 Analogue Outs as mono channels instead of stereo pairs. The current setting wreaks havoc with trying to use the device/SW for Surround Sound. In particular, setting EQ curves to correct for the room now has to be done in pairs, which is grossly inadequate. Not everyone wants to mix down to stereo (or use the mix features at all when using a DAW).

(2) Also, a feature to allow the addition of an overall 'room curve' (or X-curve) would be a much appreciated improvement as well.

(3) Having additional EQ bands would be helpful as well.

(4) Finally, PLEASE allow us to resize the CueMix FX interface (i.e., make things bigger overall). On my high resolution monitor, the fonts are so small sometimes as to be unreadable (e.g., the EQ settings). Related to this, being able to ENTER (type in) EQ values would be awesome since the resolution using the mouse on the tiny interface makes it almost useless for anything but gross adjustments.

Thanks,
Shane