Ultralite mk3 Audio Console not launching

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
GrizzlyAK
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite mk3 Audio Console not launching

Post by GrizzlyAK »

I have the Ultralite mk3 hybrid and found that after a while the audio console won't launch either from the Start Menu or in my DAW (Adobe Audition CS6). I'm on Windows 7 x64. No real help from Support. I'm on driver version 4.0.5.9644, which came in the box. Recently upgraded, but it didn't fix the audio console issue. But DID create another problem. All the interface names in the Windows Sound Control Panel went to odd things like MOTU FW Ouput 13/14, instead of the usual Analog Output 1-2, Main 1-2, Phones 1-2, etc. I had to guess which of the odd names was Phones by trial and error. Went back to the old driver. Seems MOTU has a QC problem, and buggy drivers. No quicker way to absolutely KILL a product. If I had read this forum prior to buying the Ultralite, I might have reconsidered. I hope MOTU can stop dreaming of unicorns and fix their drivers -- and that I didn't waste a lot of money on this device.

Has anyone found a way to fix the Audio Console not launching issue?

Cheers