Bring back PCIe option with AVB card lineup please

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Indiescore
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Bring back PCIe option with AVB card lineup please

Post by Indiescore »

Nothing but trouble with AVB audio cards using USB 2 for 48 channels of io, 16a and 24ai.......both went back , and I reverted to my older PCIe FireWire running 4 2408, and behold the pops and crackles, and strange feedback completely went away, system is stable, no crashing and it's tight. I now have 12 stereo audio in, and 12 stereo adat in without a hitch. Although not as transparent nor as much headroom as the AVB lineup.

There is a reason the large studios and recording professionals use protocols HD, PCIE and or madi systems for high capacity recording and not USB 2.

We shoulndt have to tweak the bios, disable USB 3, or do workarounds as I see numerous posts here.

Yours truly, disappointed.
Indiescore

Re: Bring back PCIe option with AVB card lineup please

Post by Indiescore »

Windows 7 professional 64 bit, 32 gb ram, i7 4.0 clock
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

Been requesting this since pretty much day dot, so:

+1 with vim and vigour!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
billruys

Post by billruys »

Yep, at this stage and for the foreseeable future, PCIe is still the superior platform for PC. No real thunderbolt support and average USB performance means the new MOTU stuff isn't a solid option for the PC folks. Until there is a significant change in this situation, I'll be sticking with my 2408 Mk3 and 24I/O combo.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Unfortunately, it's neither MOTU nor Apple any of the PC makers who need convincing on this issue. It is Intel who is going all in on USB and Thunderbolt.

Good luck with that.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Indiescore

Post by Indiescore »

mikehalloran wrote:Unfortunately, it's neither MOTU nor Apple any of the PC makers who need convincing on this issue. It is Intel who is going all in on USB and Thunderbolt.

Good luck with that.
But PCI e is alive and well and working perfectly right now with my brand new Intel based computer, why did motu not give us a pcie option on the a AVB line up .........? Cost? Also why is USB 3 so slow to adopt with audio card manufacturers at this point in the game? Since your just across the bay from me in Silicon Valley my friend ......