Potential MOTU 112D owner

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
wilkinsi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Potential MOTU 112D owner

Post by wilkinsi »

I want to hook up 2x 8 channel mic preamps and 1x multi-FX processor all armed with ADAT, plus 2 hardware DAW recorders with 3x 8 channel AES interfaces. I want to be able to route any channel to any and/or multiple outputs, and the 112D seems to fit that bill. I don't want any audio passing through the USB or Thunder Bolt ports. I only want to control routing with the computer. Would this be possible, and would it also negate any form of audible latency?
Mac Mini 2018 - 8GB RAM, 3.6 GHZ Quad Core, 128GB SSD
External 2TB NVME TB3 SSD, External 1TB SSD (OS recovery), External 500GB TB/USB SSD (Time Machine backup)
MOTU 828es
Digital Performer 11, UVI Falcon.
monkey man

Re: Potential MOTU 112D owner

Post by monkey man »

Based on my still-limited understanding of the AVB system (slowly paying off lay-buy, so no units received yet), I reckon the answers are both "yes".

Latency should be imperceptible and the routing changes you make should be stored onboard the hardware.

EMRR or someone more qualified may jump in to confirm this, but I'm confident that you should be OK.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
wilkinsi

Re: Potential MOTU 112D owner

Post by wilkinsi »

I ordered and paid mine off yesterday. I sincerely hope this unit is compatible with the 64bit version of Win7.
Mac Mini 2018 - 8GB RAM, 3.6 GHZ Quad Core, 128GB SSD
External 2TB NVME TB3 SSD, External 1TB SSD (OS recovery), External 500GB TB/USB SSD (Time Machine backup)
MOTU 828es
Digital Performer 11, UVI Falcon.