New UltraLITE mk3 - need help

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
GrizzlyAK
Primary DAW OS: Windows

New UltraLITE mk3 - need help

Post by GrizzlyAK »

My UltraLITE mk3 and I are just getting to know one another, my first external audio interface. I can control the monitor overall volume with the Monitor Level either in CueMix or on the device itself. However, whenever I turn off all MONITOR buttons for all channels (and even with just the Main 1-2 on, or the Main Outs preset is selected), the volume is VERY LOUD, full volume as set by the source device. I assume that the Monitor button on Main doesn't really mean you can control the volume with the Monitor Level dial at top right, since it has no effect under these conditions. I also assume this is by design so that Main always plays at the unattenuated voltage level of the source attached to it. Am I right, or am I missing something? Why would there even be a Monitor button on the Main 1-2 Output channels? Thanks. :banghead:
4stripes

Re: New UltraLITE mk3 - need help

Post by 4stripes »

If you turn off the monitor selector, then your monitor volume is not assigned to any output, therefore that output becomes a regular full level line output just like any other.

Yes it is by design. If you were monitoring 5.1, you need to be able to select the 6 output pairs for 5.1. If you use an external monitor controller or don't need a monitor output, you can turn it off.
GrizzlyAK

Re: New UltraLITE mk3 - need help

Post by GrizzlyAK »

4stripes wrote:Yes it is by design. If you were monitoring 5.1, you need to be able to select the 6 output pairs for 5.1. If you use an external monitor controller or don't need a monitor output, you can turn it off.
Are you using the Ultralite for 5.1 as I am? I've found the 'stereo pairs' confinement for the Analog Outs a real problem, especially when trying to use the EQ for room correction and you have to work in 'pairs'. :vomit:

Also, the tiny user interface in CueMix FX makes adjusting the EQ knobs like using a chainsaw for surgery, instead of a scalpel. How do you use your Ultralight for 5.1, if you do.

Cheers,
Shane