112d real world performance

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
dustbro
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

112d real world performance

Post by dustbro »

Hello there,
Does anyone have any real world experience with the 112d yet?
I'm wondering what the performance is like on this unit running 48 i/o @ 96k via USB.
I have 6 Apogee rosetta's that I'd like to connect via the AES and Lightpipe ports, but I'm afraid that a single usb port couldn't handle this thruput.
TIA
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 112d real world performance

Post by monkey man »

Don't think it can be done, mate.

The USB channel-count limitation is 64 I/O... at 44.1/48kHz, so unless you're willing to halve that SR I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Hopefully for your sake I'm wrong. You can double-check by asking Mr. Miller from MOTU here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... rface.html

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billruys »

With no TB support, even in Windows 10 and many audio interface makers moving to newer technologies, I actually think the game may be up for Windows in the the Pro Audio arena. Nobody seems to be supporting AVB on Windows either. I think it's a dead duck. It's clear that Microsoft don't give a flying funk about serious audio.

After 20 years on Windows doing audio, I think the game is up for me. :surrender:
atomheart411
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by atomheart411 »

billruys wrote:With no TB support, even in Windows 10
Is this verified? I have a windows machine with thunderbolt (Asus P8Z77-V pro/thunderbolt) motherboard and an 828x. It works but is very unstable. Has a tendsency to either crash or introduce noise. I was really hoping that Widows 10 might fix this.