Trouble with MOTU PCI424 + HD192

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
biquet82
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Trouble with MOTU PCI424 + HD192

Post by biquet82 »

Hello,
I'm french and new on this forum; I register because I can't find any help to my issue with my interface. I will try to be clear.

I bought a used PCI 424 and HD192 few days ago, and I can't install them correctly.

After downloading the driver on the MOTU's website, I installed it (PCI option); shutting down the computer, connecting the PCI and HD192 rack with audiowire cable include with the kit.

When I restart windows, it says he's not able to recognize the card and install any drivers available, but see it in the device manager panel..CueMix & console don't work, with message error something like "..internal audio driver...(15)"

But, this morning, at little moment, my computer recognized the card, when I launch the console or the CueMix it works, but I don't have any access to the options..and after restarting it is not recognized.

I tried many time, another computer, I changed cable for a firewire one, nothing change.

Can someone help me or give me any explanation ?
Thanks a lot.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Trouble with MOTU PCI424 + HD192

Post by mikehalloran »

Being that you are using Windows, I can be of little help.

If you would give some information on your system, version of Windows, etc. it will help.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
biquet82

Post by biquet82 »

ok, I use updated Windows 7 64 bits; motherboard MSI 760GM-P23 (FX), 8 core processor Vishera, 8Go ram.

Before upgrade my DAW with the MOTU 424 HD192, I used a Mackie Onyx 400F, which is good working.

Thank you for help.
biquet82

Post by biquet82 »

Hello,

I have reinstalled windows 7 64bits and MOTU PCI 424 & HD192, I tried to load the driver manually.
It can find the installed driver, but an error occurred while installing it.
Look at this screen capture joined to see the error message it has shown (sorry but it's in french..).
the last line of the message in the front window means: "this peripheral can't start/boot (code 10)"

The mother board is a MSI 760GM-P23 (FX), which support 1 PCIe bus 16x for graphics, one PCIe 1x, one PCI.
biquet82

Post by biquet82 »

Some news, the motu interface was found this morning, please see attached pic:
Sample rate available, 44100 & 48000, nothing more...
After rebooting, card was lost one more time, same error "code 10" message ..
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billruys »

Do you have the PCI424 or PCIX424? See HERE to identify your card.

The original PCI424 card is known to have compatibility issues with modern PCs.
Kevin Kascak
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Kevin Kascak »

I had my HD 192 working fine with Win 7 and the original 424 PCI card (I now use the PCIe card).

I noticed you have some NVidia drivers load under System/Audio drivers. If you have an onboard soundcard, disable it in the device manager.

Another thing to try is to change the sample rate in the MOTU PCI Audio Console. If I was mixing at 96kHz/24 and I booted up my computer, the 192 didn't know what to do. I had to click on the sample rate and change it to 96kHz and then back to 44.1 before it would work correctly.

One last thing is to make sure the PCI card is well seated in its PCI slot. Remove and reseat it. Also check the firewire cable. In the install notes, you should connect it to the far end connecter. Its far left or right. You can try both to see if there is a difference. One last thing, don't make connections with the firewire cable while the computer is on. Only do this with the computer off.

Good luck
Kevin