24 i/o pcie serious problems on amd pc

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
hammond74
Primary DAW OS: Windows

24 i/o pcie serious problems on amd pc

Post by hammond74 »

I have my 24i/o since 2004, it worked fine till i switched from an intel i7 to and amd fx6350(asus MB) and after an amd fx8350 ( msi MB).
Since i changed to AMD the pcie 424 doesnt see the 24i/o converter rack till i manually change sample rate then click refresh.Even when working changing sample rate doesnt change the buffer size automatically so i have to click refresh to get the interface seen by the daw.
The most strange fact is that now i can't get my mixes rendered correctly if i use the 24i/o as the audio interface for my daw which is Reaper, so i tried a simple usb 2x2 interface ( steinberg ur22)and works fine.Tried an old dual core intel pc and the 24i/o works fine.I changed 2 computers since had this problem, reinstalled everything dozens of times without luck, anyone experiencing the same issues?
On intel works with win 7 / 8
On amd doesnt work with win 7 / 8
Please help im about to sell the interface.
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 24 i/o pcie serious problems on amd pc

Post by billruys »

That is really odd. I have the 24 i/o and a 2408 Mk3 connected with the PCIe card installed in my Asus motherboard running an AMD FX8350. With the older drivers, occasionally my PCIe card would not detect the rack units at boot time. But that has not been a problem with the current drivers. Are you running the latest MOTU drivers?

When this used to be a problem for me, I found a workaround. Boot the PC into windows before switching on the 24 i/o. The card will detect the rack unit when it gets powered on. See if that helps.