Motu 828mkII transformer problem (HKP-00142)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
sx107
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu 828mkII transformer problem (HKP-00142)

Post by sx107 »

Hello everyone.
You may know that actually MOTU 828mkII sound interface has a non-impulse power supply schematic, so problems may occure if the input power voltage fluctuates a lot. That's what happened to me - once upon a time my MOTU 828 mkII broke.
I replaced the fuse, but it burned away again just after a moment on power-up. After a slight investigation I found that the problem seems to be with the phantom power transformer and it needs to be replaced, but I can't find it's characteristics anywhere (it's model seems to be HKP-00142). So I just can't replace it, I can't even measure it's characreristics since it is broken (the primary coil shortened out).
So, can anybody either measure the output voltage of this transformer on the output coil? That's voltage between pins 5 and 8 on a small transformer in your sound interface. Or, maybe someone already knows what are the characteristics of this transformer and with which transformer can it be replaced?
Thanks for you answers in advance. And please sorry me for my awful english.