Motu Ultralite MK3 - all inputs mute

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
horatio
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu Ultralite MK3 - all inputs mute

Post by horatio »

Hi, I'm hoping for a quick fix on this one rather than a trip back to the store with the unit. Got a good price on a MK3, and was assured all the inputs and outputs had been tested. Plugged it in and the outputs sound great.

However, none of the inputs are showing any sound!

I'm not 100% sure how cuemix works, so hopefully I'm just missing something basic.

I've tested the sound output from my source, plugged into a mixer it's coming in loud and clear. However when I plug it into one of the 8 analog inputs on the bottom row of 1/4 jacks on the motu, windows programs don't see any input from it. Launching cuemix I'm not seeing any lights on the meters.

On the MK3 itself it just displays meter44. I can go through the menus and stuff, but don't see anything to unmute or enable the channels (it might be I don't know what I'm looking for). I had been thinking the inputs would be displayed as meters somehow.

I tried going into the buses and unmuting the inputs but was not able to get any sound that way.

Can anyone help? It's driving me nuts and I can't take this back until tomorrow.