Audiowire (PCIe-424) ongoing support?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audiowire (PCIe-424) ongoing support?

Post by billruys »

As someone who has their studio based on a PCIe-424 set up, including a 2408 Mk3 and 24I/O, I'm wondering how worried I should be that these products have been replaced by the AVB interfaces.

I'm concerned that something like Windows 10 could break driver compatibility and now that the Audiowire devices are legacy, that I will have a whole lot of hardware I can't use.

Any one else concerned about this? Should I be dumping this gear now while it still has value? Personally, I am more than happy with the performance of my Audiowire stuff, it's just the near to mid future I am worried about.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audiowire (PCIe-424) ongoing support?

Post by mikehalloran »

Concerned that Windows could change and render your setup obsolete?

Of course that could happen. Equal chance that it won't. No one will put a gun to your head and force you to upgrade when/if ...

There are plenty of things to be concerned about. This certainly isn't one of them.

My PC still runs XT and does exactly what I need when I need it. I have no plans to update the OS ever.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro