No audio signals reach PC

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Gajdzin
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Gajdzin »

I have a really weird problem, I searched the forum, but can't find anything:

- MOTU 828Mk3 Hybrid via USB into a Dell laptop (Windows)
- CueMix and DAW applications recognize the 828 with no problems, I can control the 828 from CueMix (turn on the preamp pads etc.), BUT:
- No audio signals from MOTU reach CueMix or any other application. CueMix meters page shows no input signals on any channel.
- Signals from mic preamps, ADAT or SPDIF show loud and clear on 828 front panel, so it's receiving them, but apparently don't go to the computer!

Here's what I tried:
- Reinstalled the latest MOTU drivers
- Tried a different laptop (one is Windows 8, one Windows 7)
- Returned 828 to factory settings
All to no avail - same result. Any ideas, anyone...?

Thank you very much in advance,

Marcin Bruczkowski
http://www.marcin.bruczkowski.com
http://www.facebook.com/MarcinBruczkowskiAutor
Gajdzin
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: No audio signals reach PC

Post by Gajdzin »

Small breakthrough: I got the 828 to work with a USB 2.0 port on Dell Latitude 5440. On the other laptop (Dell XPS 14), which only has USB 3.0 ports, it's the same problem as before.

The 828 firmware has been updated to 1.01 which is supposed to "add Windows USB3 compatibility" but clearly it doesn't.

Unfortunately my computer for recording is the XPS without USB 2.0 ports. Is there anything I can do?
theonlyfly
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by theonlyfly »

Hi,
did you solve your problem?
I have a similar issue with my MOTU 4pre, the MOTU works on W7 32bit but it doesn't work on my i7 W7 x64 ... maybe the problem is about USB ports as you said.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Gajdzin wrote:Small breakthrough: I got the 828 to work with a USB 2.0 port on Dell Latitude 5440. On the other laptop (Dell XPS 14), which only has USB 3.0 ports, it's the same problem as before.

The 828 firmware has been updated to 1.01 which is supposed to "add Windows USB3 compatibility" but clearly it doesn't.

Unfortunately my computer for recording is the XPS without USB 2.0 ports. Is there anything I can do?
I'm a Mac user, but on the Mac side, sometimes there are issues connecting older MOTU interfaces to USB 3.0 ports. One fix is to connect a USB 2.0 hub to the USB 3.0 port on your computer, then connect the interface to the hub.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
theonlyfly
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by theonlyfly »

For me it didn't work ...