Sound delivering troubles with the Ultralite mk3 Hybrid

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Stochio
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Sound delivering troubles with the Ultralite mk3 Hybrid

Post by Stochio »

Hi there,

I got a recent problem with the ultralite mk3 hybrid for which someone may have a suggestion. I'm currently running on w8 x64 and plugged via usb2.0/3.0 for the interface (it doesn't seems to influence the problem).
I am using this Audio interface for 6 months by now, and everything was running smoothly until 2 months ago.
Since then, I got trouble for the sound delivering. What I mean is when I'm turning on the mk3 (which is already plugged-in), the laptop (I know, not the best for the stability) do recognize the hardware; but, when I want to make pass a sound from any source of the laptop nothing is actually running (tested on youtube, VLC, Ableton 9 Suite etc). It gives the feeling that the information can't go through the mk3. As well, when I'm testing the mk3 via the realtek audio system, no sound is delivered and the gauge is stuck at the maximum, just like the information was frozen (once again, without any sound delivered). This problem is randomly popping up, but always when I'm booting the hardware.
I tried to reboot the system but it didn't work. The only thing which seemed to solve the problem was to reinstall the drivers and update them, but it worked only temporarily, the problem started back after couple of weeks. :banghead:
So yeah, starting to run out of imagination here, does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I could fix this? Thanks