Problem with MIDI Express 128 and Finale

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Problem with MIDI Express 128 and Finale

Post by Eddy Yates »

Windows 7. Just setting up a new computer, and can't get MOTU MIDI Express 128 to work with Finale. It seems to work fine with DP8 and Sonar X3. Here's the scene:
Installed latest driver for 128. Tested with Sonar and DP. Fine. Went into Finale to tweak the MIDI Setup. The computer immediately froze up, and I had to do hard shut down. Tried a few things with no solution and called Finale support. Deleted ini files and that worked until the next time I started the computer. Then the problem recurred. Cannot get into Finale MIDI setup, so deleted 128 in settings. Now I can get into Finale's MIDI setup, but can't get 128 to work.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610