Win 7 64-Bit not seeing Ultralite mk3 Hybrid

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Soulfish
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Win 7 64-Bit not seeing Ultralite mk3 Hybrid

Post by Soulfish »

I've had this Ultralite mk3 Hybrid for a few years now and I've always had minor problems with it, all of which solved with a turn off/on such as loud pop/hissing sounds and my operating system not recognizing the interface when on.

A few days ago, my computer has stopped seeing the MOTU completely. I have an onboard soundcard that is over ridden when the MOTU is on, but what ends up happening is that I hear a notification beep from my tower, but my volume control icon in the lower right corner doesn't flip over to the MOTU outputs.

I went onto the MOTU site to find if new drivers were available and downloaded the newest, which I then attempted to install but got this error message:

"MOTU Hardware Setup Wizard ended prematurely
MOTU Hardware Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit Setup Wizard"

I had no idea what "your system has not been modified" meant, so I tried to uninstall the old drivers through Control Panel, but it doesn't seem to uninstall at all.....it looks like it attempts the uninstall, but then rolls back the action.

The last thing I tried was a system restore and took it back a week before all this happened, but when my computer booted back up, I received a message that the operation couldn't restore the original MFWAMIDI64.cat file.

So now I haven't a clue on what to do. I can't uninstall the old drivers or install new ones. I also realized that there's a newer firmware version as I'm still on version 1.06

I made up a tech link but have yet to hear from anyone so I thought I'd check out the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Soulfish
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Win 7 64-Bit not seeing Ultralite mk3 Hybrid

Post by Soulfish »

Nevermind*L*. After scanning the forum, I found out about the "Repair Driver" technique. I tried that out and was successful....my computer now sees the interface. I have since updated to the newest driver/firmware. Thanks to the forum for giving me some answers. Merry Christmas!