My PC can't find my 2408 mk2...

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Ralle
Primary DAW OS: Windows

My PC can't find my 2408 mk2...

Post by Ralle »

Hello.
I'm new here, kinda new to using Motu all together... But I've come across a 2408 mk2 from my father... he has never used it, nore I, and I'm in the procces of hoocking it up to my pc;
Here's what I have;
the 2408 mk2, a firewire cable, my pc has a creative sb Audigy 2 (WDM) soundcard with a firewire slot ( IEEE 1394 or OHCI compatible ).
Here's what I've tried;
I've connected the firewire cable in the audiowire slot in the back of the 2408 mk2, to the firewire slot on the sb card... I was thinking the pc would let me know that a new hardwear was connected, but nothing came up...
I have downloaded drivers for the 2408 mk2, and they show up in cubase asiocontroll ( audio setup )... but they don't work...
Obiously I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what...
What do I need to make it work?
I've read about the PCI-424 card... do I need one or could I make it just with the firewire?
I've allso heard of the firewire cables being the wrong kinds... they fit in the slots, so...
Sorry if I come out like newbie... but I really am one...
Forgot to mention I use windows xp...

Thanx in advance
//Ralle
rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: My PC can't find my 2408 mk2...

Post by rickorick »

You need the PCI 424 card. The 2408 is not firewire. Look on MOTU's site to see what kind
of card you need and how much it will cost, I seem to remember $295.
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
Ralle
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: My PC can't find my 2408 mk2...

Post by Ralle »

Thanx for the reply.