2408 MK3 & 2 8Pre - sync troubles

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
StudioCC
Primary DAW OS: Windows

2408 MK3 & 2 8Pre - sync troubles

Post by StudioCC »

Hello ...
I'm new here and so I apologize right now about my english.....

I have a 2408 mk3, and 2 stand alone 8Pre which are connected on 2408 by ADAT.
with the cuemix, I do a patch which allow me to have the 16 in of the 2 8pre direct out by ADAT too, connected to my Yamaha 01v96i, for the direct monitoring.

I have some troubles to connect all this stuff for the clock : my solution is to set the master clock on the 424pci board, and so the yamaha is sync by adat, and the 2 8pre are wired on ADAT IN from ADAT OUT of the 01V. (because I need 2 bank of ADAT OUT wired on ADAT IN on the 01V, so I can't use the to wire 8Pre)

and now, randomly, I have troubles on one of 8pre : I have a signal in the Inputs but nothing is transmitted to 2408.... sometimes it's good, sometimes nothing appens... only on one of them...

I don't understand where is the problem.
if someone could help me, that will be great ;)
thanks...

and I have another question : the cuemix app is not very "stable"... there is a big latence when I click on a pan pot for exemple, I have to wait for seconds before moving it, and I have to be very attentive before latch the click.... is there a version for 424 pci board which is stable ?