ultralite mk2 rear input not working

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
steve12321
Primary DAW OS: Windows

ultralite mk2 rear input not working

Post by steve12321 »

hi,

i bought an ultralite mk2 back in 2007. tried it out, kept getting bursts of digital noise when recording and all the inputs would go nuts. i know this is a common problem with motu and it sucks. the ultralite has been in a drawer for the last 7 years.

i recently bought a new computer, took out the motu to see maybe if it'll work with this computer, and noticed that the rear input isn't registering anything. i'm plugging a sm57 on a good xlr cable into the front input and i can see on the screen that it's picking up sound and i'm getting some bars showing that all is well.

when i plug the same mic/xlr cable into the rear input i don't see any kind of input at all. i guess it's possible this fantastic machine somehow broke while sitting quietly in a dark drawer. any suggestions?

i remember someone saying that motu will fix out-of-warantee products for $100 + shipping... not sure if i could sell an mk2 for more than $150, motu has a pretty terrible reputation these days because of their appalling customer service and everyone knows about the dreaded motu 'squeals'. i'm kind of hoping there's an easy fix for this thing, or else i might just throw it into the garbage and be done with it. i can't believe i paid almost $700 for this thing back in 2007!

any help greatly appreciated, thanks!