MOTU V4HD No Audio recorded in Premiere Pro CS6

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Edmundo65
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU V4HD No Audio recorded in Premiere Pro CS6

Post by Edmundo65 »

Hello everybody,
I recently purchased the above in order to capture and edit a great deal of work that I have done in the past on VHS video. I have connected the VHS to the V4HD via the S-Video connection and 2 phono audio leads into analogue inputs 1 & 2.
Great video and I can hear the audio through my monitors but, no way can I record the audio tracks in Premiere Pro. I just cannot understand why the audio isn't recorded. I must admit that I don't have a great deal of knowledge of firewire and maybe this is the problem. Can someone please advise me. I am 65 now and still have some hair left. However, I really can't afford to pull out too much more!
Thanks for listening.
Ed
4stripes

Re: MOTU V4HD No Audio recorded in Premiere Pro CS6

Post by 4stripes »

Presumably, in Premier Pro, there is an item to select the audio driver (ASIO, WDM, or Core). Then, likely within your timeline/tracks, you can select the inputs from your MOTU as the track audio source.

Try this or an Adobe forum.
Edmundo65

Post by Edmundo65 »

Hi 4 stripes,
Firstly thanks for your reply. I have set up the MOTU ASIO and chosen the appropriate settings but still no go. This is why I just can't understand why the audio is not recorded. The only thing that I can think of is that for some reason the V4HD is not routing the audio into the capture software or indeed through the firewire connection. However, if this is the case where is the point in having audio provision there in the first place. I have tried to contact MOTU but as on previous occasions with problems with some of there other gear, I just don't ever get a reply.
I have been on the premiere forums and folks just say that it's the hardware!
I guess I may have to accept that I might be losing more hair.
Thanks once again.
Ed
4stripes

Post by 4stripes »

I think many software companies may generally not provide great basic setup support because it is a fairly large minefield of variables. For that you'll probably be better served by finding some college kid locally to come by and help you out.
Edmundo65

Post by Edmundo65 »

Hi again 4 stripes,
Yes, I think you are right about that. There may possibly be a fault with this unit though as the internal software in the unit doesn't appear to change when the software interface changes commands. One example is when you change the capture software to convert, the unit software remains on capture.
Anyway, thanks for your help and if ever I find a solution I will feedback. Just as a matter of interest though, I asked the same question via MOTU's techlink last Thursday. It is still unread!
Thanks once again,
Ed