Motu 828x not working with usb

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
canzirri
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu 828x not working with usb

Post by canzirri »

So i purchased a motu 828x ahead of upgrading from a laptop to a custom built p.c. (a choice i am now regretting). I was going to make do with the usb connection then flick over and use the thunderbolt connection when i upgrade the p.c. Long story short when i received the item it was working fine, 2 days later i cant even get it to connect to the laptop. straight out of the box i downloaded the latest drivers and updated the firmware to 1.0.4.

when i go into ableton its telling me "asio Motu Driver Not found" Or something along those lines. i try to open cuemix fx, "No motu audio devices the support cuemix fx can be found".

Its really now starting to **** me off. called customer support for motu (a lovely international phone call that's going to look great on my bill) and all he told me to do was to uninstall the drivers, reinstall them & try different usb ports. No Luck. 5 hours later here i am looking for help or if anyone else is having this problem.

My pc specs are
Hp Laptop
Processor: Amd a10 - 4600 @ 2.30 ghz
Ram: 16gb
64X
Windows 8.1
Ableton Live 9.1.3
:shake: :shake: :shake: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: