I can't power off my MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
jimmygian
Primary DAW OS: Windows

I can't power off my MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid

Post by jimmygian »

I just bought the Ultralite mk3 Hybrid interface, and i cant seem to POWER OFF the device. As the manual says, i tried holding the VOLUME Knob for 3 seconds and after that, it opens again immediately. I have connected the device with USB 2.0 and DC Power Supply (but i will buy a firewire port soon so i wont need the Power Supply).
-When i plug the DC power supply, the device opens automatically (even before i plug the USB or anything on it)
-Then it loads, it runs well on my PC (without any problems)
- When i try to power off the device i hold the VOLUME Knob for 3 seconds and after the timer goes to 1, it just reboots the device.

I tried to plug it in other plugs, and nothing.
I tried holding the VOLUME Knob for more than 3 seconds and nothing again
I tried it with and without other other cables plugged on it and nothing again.
The only way to power off the interface is to unplug the Power Supply.

I updated the firmware, and i have the latest drivers installed.
I run on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit, Gigabyte X58A-UD5, RAM 6144MB, i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, SSD 235GB, GeForce GTX 660, DirectX 11

Is it a hardware issue, a USB issue or am i doing something wrong?
Please help me cause it's brand new and I spent too much money on it...
jimmygian
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: I can't power off my MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid

Post by jimmygian »

Guys!! To anyone else having this problem, MOTU Tech support replied me within 4 hours from when i posted my question. They're awesome.. here's how you can fix this if you have the same problem: (their answer)

Automatic Power is currently enabled on your UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid. Here's how to turn it off:
1. From the "METER" page on the LCD panel of the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid, push the PARAM/SETUP knob 3 times.
2. Turn the PARAM/SETUP knob to the right until you hit the "Automatic Power" page.
3. Turn the VALUE knob to the left and then push in the VALUE knob to set Automatic Power to off.

Best,
Campbell :D