Volume Knob Doesnt work - Ultralite mk3

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
JerrickCrites
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Volume Knob Doesnt work - Ultralite mk3

Post by JerrickCrites »

Was setting up my Ultralite mk3 tonight on my new computer and remembered that the volume knob doesnt work. It hasnt been a real issue for me for about 5 years, but it is still incredibly annoying. At least the same knob still works to turn the thing on and off.

Wondering if this problem has been figured out for anybody else. Is it a firmware issue, or do I need to get in there with some contact cleaner?

Luckily Im stuck with my master volume at max, and all the input/outputs are working fine so it still gets me by, I would just like to have it figured out. Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

Also, quick question. When I push the knob in to get to phones volume, which is set at -22 and stuck there, is there a way to change that in Cuemix?
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Volume Knob Doesnt work - Ultralite mk3

Post by 4stripes »

Try resetting CueMix. Sounds like you disabled your MONITOR selection. Read about MONITOR in the manual.
JerrickCrites
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JerrickCrites »

Even on a brand new comp build and this is the first installation of my ultralite and the software?

Ill check it out though. Will be spending most of tomorrow getting the rest of my software setup so will have time to check this out and report back.
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by 4stripes »

Ultralite CueMix settings are stored in the Ultralite, not your computer, so that could explain that.