cuemix pc output to spdif (828)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
professor quack
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

cuemix pc output to spdif (828)

Post by professor quack »

I'd like to send my pc output to the spdif out to sample on mpc.
normally I have PC sent to my monitors. I figure I could do this with cuemix but it doesn't offer the PC as an input. the PC can only be set to output directly to an output in windows (not cuemix)is this the case? If that's the case I figure I could plug an output back into and input on my 828 but it seems like a wasted input. leme know eggsperts thx!!!

edited. This is windows WDM output ie from youtube or something not an ASIO app.
bayswater

Re: cuemix pc output to spdif (828)

Post by bayswater »

Can't you use the equivalent of the Mac app MOTU Audio Setup to set the default main output to SPDIF?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
professor quack

Post by professor quack »

How can I hear what I'm sampling? I've resorted to putting an output back to an input and routing all pc sound to that output and routing that input to main. thx!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You can use the Return Assign to route any output back in to the computer without cabling. From there you can route the signal to whatever your main monitor outputs are. See manual p7.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8