896Mk3 main volume assign to AES output

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
AirGuitarChampion
Primary DAW OS: Windows

896Mk3 main volume assign to AES output

Post by AirGuitarChampion »

Hi guys! First post to the forum. Looking very closely at an 896mk3 for my needs, however would like to verify something before purchase.

What I'd like to do is run a CD player signal through the 896mk3 SPDIF input, run some mics, do some kind of mix, and assign the main volume knob on the front of the 896mk3 to control the overall volume through the AES output to a speaker DSP that happens to have an AES input (KT DN9848e). So that main volume assigned to 896mk3 AES out would control overall volume of the PA.

I've tried several searches on this forum and elsewhere on the net, read the manual which appears the "main volume can be assigned to any output", and even tried downloading cuebase to play around with however won't work without seeing the hardware (which I don't have yet).

Can anyone confirm that functionality of the main volume assigned to AES output? Will that work how I think it would?

Thank you very much for your time!

:headbang: :headbang:

AGC
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 896Mk3 main volume assign to AES output

Post by 4stripes »