Dead MIDI Time Piece II?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Spork
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Dead MIDI Time Piece II?

Post by Spork »

I've just fired up an old MOTU MIDI Time Piece II for the first time in ages. It either boots with the lock light and all 8 green output lights on and solid, or it boots with just the lock light solid. Booting while holding the panic button results in a solid green lock light accompanied by a solid red tach light. In all instances, the LCD shows either nothing at all, or faint black blocks on the top row and nothing on the bottom row.

Has anyone run into this before and/or have any ideas about what I should try next?

It has occurred to me that this might just indicate a dead lithium battery, but I'm hoping there's a more straightforward solution that I just haven't thought of.

Any help would certainly be appreciated. :)
Spork
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Dead MIDI Time Piece II?

Post by Spork »

Well, it's with a heavy heart that I must report that my old MIDI Time Piece II appears to have winged its way to the electronic afterlife. Replacing the battery didn't have any affect on its behavior.

Anyone know my best bet for finding an outfit that might want it for parts? I'd rather give it to somebody reasonably local for parts than just toss the whole thing in a landfill, you know?