UltraLite mk3, Win7 64bit unstable.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Mourning6
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: UltraLite mk3, Win7 64bit unstable.

Post by Mourning6 »

I use a Motu Utralite Mk3 on a Win7 x64 setup and was having the same issue.

I found the solution for my setup on a random Ableton forum (I was looking everywhere and this was the only thing that went beyond reinstalling the drivers). Turns out my issue was that the cores of my quad core processor were "parking" which means turning off if they weren't being used. It was enough of a disruption that it would throw off the connection with the ultralite. This is an issue for Windows setups and by default windows has cores park pretty quickly to conserve power. I had my computer in high performance at all times with 100% usage on the processor but core parking isn't shown in the power settings by default (it's a separate function from processor usage). I used this freeware to turn off core parking and I haven't had the issue in the 48 hours since: https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

I used to have this issue 3 times per hour...

Hope that solves it for you!
dtr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dtr »

Thanks. Will give it a try (event though I'm on win8.1 now but still having issues). Sounds like this could be disabled in the motherboard's BIOS too.
Manachi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Manachi »

Back in March I finally got around to getting my MOTU Ultralite mk3 fixed. Well replaced actually. So I sent it off, got a replacement hybrid. I'd been using it on my Mac on & off

I recently decided to finally connect it back to my original production DAW Win 7 machine, and I'm getting the same behaviour as described.

I've had 3 motu cards break on me, and countless issues including noise, grounding issues, cards just not working. And now this. I don't understand how seemingly top end cards can be so troublesome. It just baffles the mind. What the hell are we paying for?

God forbid our EXPENSIVE soundcards should PLAY ••••ing SOUND without trouble. That's a bit much to ask isn't it!! For a professional audio device to PLAY AUDIO with stability.

Now we have to DISABLE USB3? Really? Seriously? What?

I'm just going to switch my DAW over to Mac. I've had enough of this bullsh••. It's enough to drive someone ••••ing insane.