new 828 hybrid user...need some help

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
hutchmethod1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

new 828 hybrid user...need some help

Post by hutchmethod1 »

have just upgraded from yamaha 01x, am using ableton and would like to know how i can use multiple output channels from the daw into the 828 to use the motus dsp procecssing on various ableton tracks. the yamaha used to give me a bunch of mlan channels...

is it opssible to to this by connecting the adat out to the adat in and routing that way. this seems a bit of a faf and requires an optical cable. Surely this can be done internally?
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: new 828 hybrid user...need some help

Post by bayswater »

You can apply the 828's internal effects to the output signal using Cuemix. The 828 has a pair of virtual channels labelled Return that you can use to bring the wet signal back into your DAW. Instead of using cables, you use MOTU Audio Setup to tell the 828 which physical inputs should be used to carry the Return signal.

You can also apply effects to the 828 inputs using Cuemix, so a wet signal appears in the signals arriving at the input stage of your DAW.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
hutchmethod1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: new 828 hybrid user...need some help

Post by hutchmethod1 »

the return channel is just 1 pair, and im not keen on routing back into the daw, i need multiple outputs from ableton routed to multiple inputs on cuemix. So i can apply various eq and compression to various ableton tracks? the 01x gave me 8 analogue and 32 digital channels to and from the firewire unit.

i would then use the return channels to record the final mix back in the daw.