How to copy current Cuemix settings to new PC?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
veech
Primary DAW OS: Windows

How to copy current Cuemix settings to new PC?

Post by veech »

I have the 828 mk3 running on a PC with XP and after a lot of tweaking I finally got my Cuemix settings where they should be.

I just purchased a new PC running Windows 7 and have Cuemix loaded on it. However instead of starting over I would like to copy and paste my current settings from the XP machine over to the Win7 machine.

Can this be done? If so, where would I find the file(s) that include my current Cuemix settings?

Thanks
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: How to copy current Cuemix settings to new PC?

Post by NazRat »

When you change machines, the unit will retain its settings, but you should make copies available via CueMix Configurations - Export, Import and/or save your preset to a hardware slot for recall.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
veech

Post by veech »

Thanks for the response. The export/import trick worked as far as copying the settings but for some reason I'm not getting any sound so I may have missed something.

I just noticed that on the Win7 box in Control Panel - Sound it shows that no audio devices are installed. I had the machine custom built and configured for me but it looks like they didn't install the Motu drivers I guess? I will have to check on that. I assume the Motu 828 would show as an audio device on the Win7 Control panel the same way it does on the XP machine.

More to come...
veech

Post by veech »

Update.. I figured it out. We're all good for now, success! :D