Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid/Live9 routing for external fx

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
amadeus_mayfair
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid/Live9 routing for external fx

Post by amadeus_mayfair »

Had the unit for a week or so now, everything works great and sounds excellent. Hardware synths all set up, two pairs of monitors, headphones etc all working perfectly. Live9 sees everything and records with no pops/clicks or dropouts. Now I've hit a brick wall! How can I route say a drum loop from within Live9 to an external fx unit? The Live9 side of things I feel pretty comfortable with, but Cuemix has me beaten here.
Any help/advice much appreciated.
Thanks
4stripes

Re: Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid/Live9 routing for external fx

Post by 4stripes »

In your DAW you just select whichever output of the unit you want. The Ultralite has at least 8. Works the same for any DAW and interface.
amadeus_mayfair

In Live9 I choose the "send to" and "return from" which should relate to the physical I/o I choose on the Ultralite. I cannot get Cuemix to show any of this, I see no signal either in or out, nor do I hear one. The manual states that Cuemix only deals with audio to/from its physical outs, hence my confusion. There are a few other posts on here about this, none with any definitive replies.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but I just cant see it.
4stripes

Post by 4stripes »

Try a factory reset in your CueMix, and make sure your output faders are not turned down, and your mix buses are not muted.
amadeus_mayfair

Thanks, but I sent the MOTU back today, getting the RME UCX.