Edit Channel Names 896mk3

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
micha-ilm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Edit Channel Names 896mk3

Post by micha-ilm »

Hi,

I recently bought a new Motu 896mk3 hybrid together with 2 Behringer ADA8000
The main proposal of that unit shall be our in-ear-monitor-mix on stage and recording.
I just tried the TouchOSC-App and made a Layout.
All that seems to work nicely.

BUT

It is very hard and kinda unhandy when all Inputs have generic names like "Analog 1".
I figured out that the windows version of the motu driver lacks of a feature to rename the channels.
So I managed to get a MacBook from a friend and edited the Channel names and saved the CueMix configuration.
Then I imported that file into my Windows-PC.
The channel names showed up for some seconds (even on the TouchOSC) and then they went back to generic names, well that sucks.

Is there really no way to rename channels and make them stay that way on a Windows-Host?
Do I really need to get a MacBook?

Maybe a customized TouchOSC-Layout could help, in which the channel-labels are bound to a condition. Like "If channel-name = Analog1 => Kick".

I am really running out of ideas and the motu already burned a hole in the wallet of our band, so to buy a macbook just to be able to rename the channels is no option.

I really hope you guys have any advice.

Thanks so far
micha
antiverse
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Edit Channel Names 896mk3

Post by antiverse »

As far as i know, you can't rename your channels on Windows at all, as it seems.

Only under OSX.