Problems Motu 4Pre on Windows 7 64bit / Toshiba Tecra

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Matze
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Problems Motu 4Pre on Windows 7 64bit / Toshiba Tecra

Post by Matze »

Hi guys,
I'm having some problems running the Motu 4 pre on a Toshiba Tecra Laptop via USB. Operatingsystem is Windows 7 professional 64 bit. I'm using the 4 pre since a few years now but never had problems like this. The latest Motu universal drivers are installed correctly, the device appears in the device manager. I use it for maesuring and playing files withe the Foobar 2000 Player. But no matter if I run pinknoise from the Measuring System or any file from the Player....non works. Even the Windows sounds do not work. It works for one second, than Dropout und Freezing oft each Software. Does anybode have an Idea? On the Computers up to now there were no problems like this.
ralema56
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Problems Motu 4Pre on Windows 7 64bit / Toshiba Tecra

Post by ralema56 »

I have the same problem right now with Motu 8Pre USB I picked up. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. The sound is on for a second then it drops out and all the audio applications lock up. Please let me know if you find a solution to this problem.