MIDI (/Micro) Express (XT) USB , Win7 and Ableton, anyone???

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
gihaume
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MIDI (/Micro) Express (XT) USB , Win7 and Ableton, anyone???

Post by gihaume »

Hello,

I have a big problems with a setup of Windows 7, Ableton Live 9 and the Express XT USB (old AND new model, and even the Micro Express new model).

The problem is missing "Note On" or "Note Off" informations when using more than 1 MIDI OUT from Ableton Live via USB. The Live 9 version is more obvious with the problem. The Live 8 version is more discreet, there are less missing information, but there are some.

I tried many things, many configurations, many computers. FL Studio no problem. OSX no problem. Express 128 no problem. MIDIMAN MIDISPORT 8x8 no problem. A geographically far friend tried the same config as me (normally he uses OSX) and also had the issue. I summarized for you the long list of tests realized. I think I really made everything needed to conclude that the problem is with the Windows MOTU's drivers.

I'm in contact with the MOTU's support. They say that they aren't able to reproduce the issue using the same config as me. With the ton of tests I made, I'm sure the problem isn't me.

Now my question here is: is there anyone which uses the same config as me and doesn't have any problem in using more than 2 MIDI OUTs through the USB?
electrodrame
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MIDI (/Micro) Express (XT) USB , Win7 and Ableton, anyon

Post by electrodrame »

Hello

I have the same experience with:
Ableton 9 with Express XT
Maschine 2 with Express XT

I tested on a Dell precision M6800 and a Pc tower both on Win7

I have additional hardware with multiple MIDI outputs like Mackie MCU and only the Express XT has this problem.