Express XT problem? ...layering live triggers...

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Gene
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Express XT problem? ...layering live triggers...

Post by Gene »

Hi all...

For years I have been running an older system that was running the older parallel Express XT and it had never ever given me an issue, ever. Unfortunately my old machine that I was using that on died of old age and was forced to upgrade my machine. Of course, the new machine doesn't have a parallel port so I went and bought the newer Express XT USB model...

My question is this... I am currently running win7 ultimate & Sonar X2 in the new box (was also running this same setup in my old machine with zero problems on the parallel unit). For the life of me now, when I go to record MIDI through the new unit on the new machine no matter how I map it or what preset I choose, as I play live up the chain of devices IE: Dev1, Dev2, Dev3 and so on, and as I play going upward in the chain of devices they layer up? ...or... Dev#1 will play alone by itself, playing Dev#2 will trigger Dev#1 & #2, play Dev#3 it will trigger Dev#1,#2 &#3 simultaneously, and so on up the list. Almost as if they were daisy via MIDI THRU but they are not daisy chained.

I've tried resetting it, I've tried every preset on it, I've tried mapping it, I've tried muting this, that and everything one by one and have been through every possible MIDI setting within sonar thinking maybe that was causing it, but nothing seems to stop the problem and now is driving me insane and am well into the 6th week of trying to figure this issue out.

I never ever had to do this on the old machine, hit live keyboards, configure source & channels and then sail off without a hitch.

Any one have any ideas of what might be going on here or what I might be simply overlooking here?

Help please!